Northern Michigan Vacation Rentals & Property Management (hereinafter referred to as “NMVR”) has established specific criteria that all applicants must meet. NMVR is committed to complying with all applicable fair housing laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, familial status handicap, military status, sexual orientation, source of income or order of protection status. Applications will be processed in order received. An incomplete application will not be processed. You will need to return a completed application for each adult (over 18 ) who will be living at the property along with:
- Copy of Driver’s License or ID card
- Most current pay-stubs for each income provider
- Proof of any other additional income being used to qualify
- Proof of funds required to move in (Bank Statement or letter from source of funds).
You can fax or email the requested items to the contact info below or can upload them in the online application process (preferred).
Email: [email protected]
Properties are rented in “AS IS” condition, except as noted on your application. Please be sure to let us know of any condition which would keep you from taking the house “AS IS.”
HOLDING DEPOSIT: $200 holding deposit it required at time of application. If your application is not approved this $200 will be fully refunded. If your application is approved, the $200 will be applied to the Security Deposit due.
Upon the execution of the Lease, the security deposit (equal to one month’s rent) is due and payable within 24 hours. Non receipt of the required deposit will result in the cancellation of the lease and the property will be returned to the open market. Pet fees may be paid with your first month’s rent.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for a rental house:
- Household must earn a monthly gross amount equal to 2.5 times the monthly rent amount
- No evictions
- Must not be currently past due at current residence
- Credit report must not reflect any negative reports in the last 6 to 12 months including but not limited to: credit cards, car loans, collections, judgments, liens and any other revolving debt. Medical, education and older collections are excluded from our review.
- No felony’s
- The households’ monthly net income must equal or exceed three times the monthly rent amount. The legal source of income must be verifiable. Example: Monthly rent is $800 therefore; the minimum household monthly net income would need to be $2,400 to qualify.
- One year verifiable rental or mortgage history. Verification of current and past residence include: length of residency, rental amount, payment history, the absence or presence of complaints, the condition of the property upon vacating, the cost of damages incurred, and history of proper notice given regarding intent to move. A stable rental history is expected of all applicants.
- Eviction-free rental history..
- Rental history reflecting a past due amount or if a landlord gives a negative reference or refuses to provide a reference, the application will be denied.
- We do not require a minimum credit score
- A credit history showing no new negative reports within the last 6 to 12 months.
- We can provide you with a copy of the credit report pulled however all questions regarding your credit history should be directed to the credit bureau.
Grounds for Denial
- Applicant must be able to enter a legal binding contract,
- Incomplete, inaccurate or falsified information,
- Any applicant currently using illegal drugs or reporting, a conviction for the illegal manufacturing or distribution of a controlled substance,
- Any individual who may constitute a direct threat to the health and safety of an individual, the complex,
- Any applicant with an eviction.
- Does not meet the income, rental and credit requirements and,
- Cannot provide required supporting documentation.
- Criminal convictions will be evaluated and considered case by case.